America we've been put to shame
I was watching the football game of the Saint's vs. the Chargers yesterday. The game was in London. Now when I was a kid I remember when the national anthem was played at a sporting event everyone stood up and sang it. We were all out of tune but it was sung with pride. People had their hand over there hearts. What I saw yesterday was an embarrassment for us. When they played the Star Spangled Banner they panned on the teams (I don't expect the English to sing or pledge to our country) and every one of the Saint's that they showed had their hand over their heart, helmet off, and singing or trying to sing it. None of the Chargers they showed had their hands over their hearts, none were singing, some had their helmets on. This is a time to show your respect to our country to a watching world and you are planning what you are going to be doing during the game? Shame on you. And to top it all off when the played God Save the Queen, 81000 U.K. fans sang with it. Have we really slid that far in my lifetime? Reagan was right, one generation can change the course of a nation. Sometimes it can be in a bad way.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home